System Engineer for Support, Maintenance and Operation (all genders)
We are looking for you to support our team in Arnsberg or Bonn! Get to know us and find out if you are right for us!
With our operations department, we support our customers with support, maintenance and operation - 24x7 = 168, around the clock. Linux and / or Windows are your specialty - or even all of them? Then we need your support!
What you need?
- Experience in support
- Good written and spoken English
- Willingness to work flexibly in shifts
- Good communication skills, especially on the phone
- Customer and solution orientated
- Teamwork and enjoys open source
Focus on Linux
- Experience with Linux server administration
- Knowledge of infrastructure services
- Linux desktop experience is an advantage, but not a must
Focus on Windows
- Experience with Windows Server Administration
- MSSQL knowledge is an advantage, but not a must
- Citrix skills are an asset, but not a must
What you can expect.
Colleagues of every age group, from experienced old hands to newcomers be there. You support our customers and partners in the operation of complex, heterogeneous IT infrastructures. Depending on customer requirements, the focus is on Linux, Windows or databases. You analyze errors that have occurred, develop optimal solutions, implement them and advise our customers in their technical environment. Therefore, good communication skills are needed! It would be ideal if you already have experience with support. Some of our customers have branches abroad, which is why you sometimes need good written and spoken English. Since you work with your colleagues in shift work, you should be a great team player.
- 40 hours / week
- An immediate start is possible
- 24x7 shift: early shift 0:00 to 08:30, day shift 08:00 to 16:30, late shift 16:00 to 0:30
- We try to take your wishes into account while planning shifts
- Since you are not always divided into shifts, flexible working hours apply on the other working days (core working hours from 10:00 to 16:00)
- Home Office options
- Continuing education through external trainers (e.g., LPI certifications), e-learning (access to an online learning portal), and internal knowledge transfer (colleagues’ workshops for colleagues, such as Red Hat Satellite)
- The chance to apply your knowledge in the project business
What else does GONICUS offer you?
- The chance to become part of the GONICUS family as a member of a strong, helpful team in an innovative and forward-thinking company
- We follow our principles - internally, too, we consistently focus on open source, from the operating system to the office package
- We live our openness: flat hierarchies, informal across all levels and the open door principle allow speedy contact with your supervisor
- Also, a lot of room for lateral thinking for innovation and your own ideas
- We also do something for your health: our offices are modern and well equipped with ergonomic office furniture (such as height-adjustable desks), there is weekly fresh fruit and vegetable basket and occasional specials such as office yoga
- A structured onboarding with a godfather who will help you get started with help and advice, so you can quickly connect
- A chillout area with kitchen, table football, dart board, TV and coffee machine
- Not to mention, ample parking directly at the imperial house and a central location within walking distance to the city center of Neheim
- We have Awards for TOP COMPANY and OPEN COMPANY on kununu
Would you like to become part of this team?
Then we look forward to receiving your application by e-mail to jobs(at)GONICUS.de